- Communications APIs
- Starting with Android 12, the OS has introduced new required Bluetooth permissions. If your application targets Android 12 and you using the Android native SDK v3.2.x and below, you may face a FATAL EXCEPTION crash with the following error log:
java.lang.SecurityException: Need android.permission.BLUETOOTH_CONNECT permission for android.content.AttributionSource@31b1ed6b: HeadsetService
- The application uses SDK v3.2.x or below
- The application uses targetSdkVersion=31
- The device uses Android 12
- The device has Bluetooth turned on
- Run the application and it will crash immediately
This has been fixed in the Android SDK v3.3.0.
Note: This fix only prevents the application from crashing. In order to allow users to use bluetooth devices on Android 12, you must add Bluetooth permission and permission request for BLUETOOTH_CONNECT in your application. See links below.