If you wish to publish an IP camera in real time, you may do so with Millicast using the OBS WebRTC, selecting your IP camera as an input:
- Download and install a media player (e.g. VLC is available at https://www.videolan.org/vlc/)
- Download, install and open our OBS WebRTC version. The latest release is available at: https://github.com/CoSMoSoftware/OBS-studio-webrtc/releases
- Configure the RTSP server port (e.g. 8554) and start it
- Configure the system firewall so that other computers can connect to this RTSP server using the port you have specified
- Open the OBS media source and connect to: rtsp://[IP address of RTSP server]:[port]/live
Another option is using GStreamer. Documentation on how to use Gstreamer with Millicast is available at:
You can also use NDI tools with a VLC plugin. The VLC plugin is available for Windows and allows you to set an RTSP IP camera as an NDI source. Once configured, you can use the built in Millicast publisher and select the NDI source. This allows you to also publish using the AV1 codec. The plugin is available at:
FFMPEG (https://ffmpeg.org/) can be used with RTSP to stream to Millicast RTMP.
Please sign in to leave a comment.